First and foremost, sales people are hired to sell to ‘people’ not prospects. This means their natural skills should include things like talking, presenting, and communicating. And yet, talk alone is not enough. To excel, sales people need to be inquisitive, ask questions and provide solutions that resolve core needs. To do this they need to polish their skills in:
- Succinctly matching challenges, problems and needs to the benefits and value-based solutions of their products and services.
- Establishing trust and rapport, reading and adjusting body language, making good impressions and building relationships.
- Preparing needs analysis frameworks, structuring and sequencing relevant and logical questions and eliciting ‘real’ needs in selling situations.
- Identifying risks in sales, setting strategic actions, eliciting, sorting and clarifying objections and resolving and gaining acceptance.
- Summarising outcomes, agreeing next steps, following up and closing sales.
- Selling and consulting with ethics and integrity.
To do this successfully, requires sales people to hone their understanding of the psychology of selling and to develop well prepared and structured approaches for providing value.
The Consult to Sell programme polishes social skills and grows trusted advisors. It facilitates structure and preparation within selling.
The Programme includes the following resources:
- 10 Thematic modules that focus on core sales behaviours and skills.
- Separate role-based intranets for sales people and sales managers to access in their own time.
- Core content that is delivered On-site or via Webinar (by a Volitama trainer).
- Manager’s Guides and Train-the Trainer resources with instructions on how to observe, train, develop, run follow-up activities and embed new skills.
- Powerpoints and KeyNotes to use in delivering On-Site Activities.
- Coaching questions for each module to use in on-one-one meetings.
- Tools for benchmarking and assessing performance.
- Resources to measure ROI and changes in KPIs.
- Optional coaching programme to support managers through implementation.
Keen for a coffee?
At Volitama, we like to start out with a complimentary assessment and identification of development needs.
Once we have done that with you, only then will we recommend a course of action or training programme.
We then follow up by supporting you through each step of rolling out training.
Let’s grab a coffee to see whether our development process could be a fit for you.